Whitney Houston died from an accidental drowning in a hotel bathtub, but heart disease and cocaine use were contributing factors, according to coroner's officials.
The autopsy findings were released yesterday (Thursday), ending weeks of speculation about what killed the singer on February 11th when her body was found underwater in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Whitney was found to have cocaine in her system at the time of her death as well as marijuana, Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril and the allergy medication Benadryl.
At a press conference yesterday, L.A. County Coroner Chief Craig Harvey said the results indicated Whitney was a chronic cocaine user.
Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, said, "We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure."
A full autopsy report is expected to be released in two weeks.