While Uncle Kenny is tring to get grandma to shoot milk out her nose with his Thanksgiving jokes, you can dazzle everyone with your unending (will, sort of) knowalage about Thanksgiving with this quiz to share.
- Thanksgiving occurs on the:
– Fourth Thursday in November
– Third Thursday in November
– November 26th each year
- The first Thanksgiving lasted:
– One day
– Two days
– Three days
- Which of the following was NOT served at the Pilgrims Thanksgiving meal?
– Cranberries, corn and mashed potatoes
– Rabbit, chicken, wild turkey, and dried fruit
– Venison, fish, goose
- Which tribe taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land and were invited to the Thanksgiving meal?
- Approx how many turkeys are eaten each year on Thanksgiving in the U.S?
– 100 million
– 280 Million
- Which southern state was the first to adopt a Thanksgiving Day in 1855?
– South Carolina
- What is a snood?
– The loose skin under a male turkey’s neck
– A hat worn by a Pilgrim
– A hot cider drink served at Thanksgiving
- What utensil was not used by the Pilgrims to eat Thanksving dinner?
- The best place to put the meat thermometer in the turkey is?
– The breast
– The middle of the back
– The thigh
- Which President is believed to be the first to pardon a turkey and start the tradition?
– Lincoln in 1863
– Roosevelt in 1939
– Truman in 1947
- What is a baby turkey called?
- It’s has been estimated that how many Americans eat turkey at Thanksgiving?
- A full grown turkey has about how many feathers?
– 1 million
– Too many to count!
- Fourth Thursday in November
- Three days
- Cranberries, corn and mashed potatoes
- 280 Million
- The loose skin under a male turkey’s neck
- The thigh
- Truman in 1947